It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:22 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: What's up with the defense in NBA 2K13? I mean, seriousley?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:28 am 

First of all I have to say that the transition from 2K10 to 2K12 was, for me, tough. (I skipped 2K11). And finally when I got all the controls, and mastered most of the moves in 2K12, 2K13 comes out and of course, it has to be different, again.

The thing that boders me the most is the defense, like it's nonexistent. For example I play with the Lakers against the Knicks and there's no way that Felton can score an easy layup while I'm blocking with Gasol and Howard together, I couldn't even daul him. The same thing with me on offense. The wild shots that I sometimes take, I already see them not going in, because of the feeling of gameplay that I obviously still have of playing 2K12, but they go in, not to mention that I even often get the AND1.

Other than that the controls are diferent again, fake pass, when posting up the old spin move is now different etc. Only thing that's good are the isomotion controls.

I'll definitely give it a second chance but I don't know, most likely is that I'll get back to 2K12, JAY-Z and Bieber are not helping also. :)

Every comment is useful.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: What's up with the defense in NBA 2K13? I mean, seriousl
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:33 pm 

adjust the GAME SLIDERS

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:04 pm 

Thanx "ideal", but before i do that has anyone already posted some realistic game sliders so I can just c/p it?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:07 pm 

What's your gameplay difficulty? NBA 2k13 defense philosophy is just about positioning and timing..defense is much more difficult in 2k13 that 2k12, where in 2k12 you can block all you want as long as you time it right..2k13 is way different dude..

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:56 am 

I noticed 2k13 shots are like 2k11. I mean, even if it's a contested shot, it still has a higher percentage of hitting it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:22 am 

Its a higher percentage because of the unique abilities like the dead eye and the shot creator..a level 3 dead eye means 100% a shot would count..understand the new features of the game before saying that the game sucks or other stuff..

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:33 am 

game is as good as you make yourself to be a good ... - A real sliders, real cyberface and of course, fair game without cheating - the feeling is superb and the game itself

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:42 pm 

I have the PC version...and i must say i'm a little disapointed by 2ksports...who cares about Z-Jay and Bieber in a sports game...I want new gameplay improvements,better association mode and career mode...but what happend??not really much,this s*** reminds me on all the EA-sports titles(Fifa,nhl etc)..every year the same superficial updates..do not get me wrong, it's still the best basketball game, but where the real innovation is in comparison to the game nba2k12 ... I probably expected too much after nba2k12 ..nevertheless it still makes fun, but I'm afraid now that every new NBA2k title emits nothing more than a superficial update..and the defense is the same like last year,nothing improved!sry for my bad english,but i used google-translator :) !

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:48 pm 

oh sorry, i forget,this are the best(for me) gamesliders from mkharsh33 @ operationsports.com

here is the link:
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k-sliders/584122-mkharsh33-nba-2k13-all-star-sliders.html

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:51 am 

I totally agree with nedope. Who care's about Bieber and Jay-Z, and I myself also obviously had high expectations which were not met. And yes, 2K13 other then the dribbling is not so much different than 2K12. I adjusted the game sliders, and now it's finally a challenge to beat someone. Thanks for everything.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ]  Moderators: RussianKobe, Medevenx, DavidBeckham23