It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:50 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: NBA 2K14 StatSliders V1.0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:53 pm 

Hi Guys.

I tweaked Sliders a long time in 2k13 for myself, so that the Stats of the Games are real and especially if you play 12min quarters that the score is not like 130:125 or something like that.
So Gameplay is not completly different i tried to adapt my sliders and tweak them for 2K14.
Here it is:

GAME SETTINGS:

Hall of Fame
48 Game Speed
User Timing Jump Shot
Real % Free Throw
60 Free Throw Difficulty

CONTROLLER SETTINGS:

Intense D

SLIDERS: ( USER / CPU)

Offense:

Inside Shot Success- 47/45
Close Shot Success- 47/46
Mid-Range Success- 49/49
3PT Success- 48/48
Layup Success- 47/46
Dunk in Traffic Frequency- 41/41
Dunk in Traffic Success- 46/44
Pass Accuracy- 80/50
Alley-oop Success- 50/59
Contact Shot Success- 47/38

Defense:

Driving Contact Shot Frequency- 100/100
Inside Contact Shot Frequency- 100/100
Layup Defense Strength (Takeoff)- 75/75
Layup Defense Strength (Release)- 75/75
Jump Shot Defense Strength (Gather)-75/75
Jump Shot Defense Strength (Release)- 80/80
Help Defense Strength- 95/95
Steal Success- 35/35

Attributes:

Quickness- 40/35
Vertical- 42/41
Strength- 56/42
Stamina- 50/50
Speed- 36/32
Durability- 60/60
Hustle- 20/20
Ball Handling- 95/50
Hands- 30/25
Dunking Ability- 43/43
On-Ball Defense- 85/75
Stealing- 30/30
Blocking- 43/51
Offensive Awareness- 30/30
Defensive Awareness- 100/100
Offensive Rebounding- 50/50
Defensive Rebounding- 50/50
Consistency- 40/40
Fatigue Rate- 50/50
Injury Frequency- 50/50
Injury Severity- 15/15

Tendencies:
CPU ONLY ( some with ------> USER , all other USER Values 50)

Take Inside Shots- 0
Take Close Shots- 0
Take Mid-Range Shots- 63
Take 3PT Shots- 65
Post Shots- 5
Attack the Basket- 0
Look for Post Players- 2
Throw Alley-Oops- 45
Attempt Dunks- 34 --------> USER: 35
Attempt Putbacks- 43 -----> USER: 45
Play Passing Lanes- 26 -----> USER: 30
Go for On-ball Steals- 45 ----> USER: 35
Contest Shots- 80 ------> USER 80
Backdoor Cuts- 35 -----> USER 50

Fouls:
For both User and CPU

Over the Back Foul Frequency- 25
Charging Foul Frequency- 100
Blocking Foul Frequency- 100
Reaching Foul Frequency- 25
Shooting Foul Frequency- 100
Loose Ball Foul Frequency- 25

I still notice that the CPU is attacking the paint way to often, but this has to be tweaked in the Coach Profiles, but we have no improved rosters yet so these sliders are for the 2K Roster.
Improved versions are following.

A simulated season stat sheet looked really good. Played some 12 min Quarter Games which also looked good.

I will post some screenshots later.

Feel free to use these sliders and help me to improve them.
Post your screenshots of complete game stats.

Greets Mishmush
Mishmushkela

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: NBA 2K14 StatSliders V1.0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:08 pm 

Mishmushkela wrote:
Hi Guys.

I tweaked Sliders a long time in 2k13 for myself, so that the Stats of the Games are real and especially if you play 12min quarters that the score is not like 130:125 or something like that.
So Gameplay is not completly different i tried to adapt my sliders and tweak them for 2K14.
Here it is:

GAME SETTINGS:

Hall of Fame
48 Game Speed
User Timing Jump Shot
Real % Free Throw
60 Free Throw Difficulty

CONTROLLER SETTINGS:

Intense D

SLIDERS: ( USER / CPU)

Offense:

Inside Shot Success- 47/45
Close Shot Success- 47/46
Mid-Range Success- 49/49
3PT Success- 48/48
Layup Success- 47/46
Dunk in Traffic Frequency- 41/41
Dunk in Traffic Success- 46/44
Pass Accuracy- 80/50
Alley-oop Success- 50/59
Contact Shot Success- 47/38

Defense:

Driving Contact Shot Frequency- 100/100
Inside Contact Shot Frequency- 100/100
Layup Defense Strength (Takeoff)- 75/75
Layup Defense Strength (Release)- 75/75
Jump Shot Defense Strength (Gather)-75/75
Jump Shot Defense Strength (Release)- 80/80
Help Defense Strength- 95/95
Steal Success- 35/35

Attributes:

Quickness- 40/35
Vertical- 42/41
Strength- 56/42
Stamina- 50/50
Speed- 36/32
Durability- 60/60
Hustle- 20/20
Ball Handling- 95/50
Hands- 30/25
Dunking Ability- 43/43
On-Ball Defense- 85/75
Stealing- 30/30
Blocking- 43/51
Offensive Awareness- 30/30
Defensive Awareness- 100/100
Offensive Rebounding- 50/50
Defensive Rebounding- 50/50
Consistency- 40/40
Fatigue Rate- 50/50
Injury Frequency- 50/50
Injury Severity- 15/15

Tendencies:
CPU ONLY ( some with ------> USER , all other USER Values 50)

Take Inside Shots- 0
Take Close Shots- 0
Take Mid-Range Shots- 63
Take 3PT Shots- 65
Post Shots- 5
Attack the Basket- 0
Look for Post Players- 2
Throw Alley-Oops- 45
Attempt Dunks- 34 --------> USER: 35
Attempt Putbacks- 43 -----> USER: 45
Play Passing Lanes- 26 -----> USER: 30
Go for On-ball Steals- 45 ----> USER: 35
Contest Shots- 80 ------> USER 80
Backdoor Cuts- 35 -----> USER 50

Fouls:
For both User and CPU

Over the Back Foul Frequency- 25
Charging Foul Frequency- 100
Blocking Foul Frequency- 100
Reaching Foul Frequency- 25
Shooting Foul Frequency- 100
Loose Ball Foul Frequency- 25

I still notice that the CPU is attacking the paint way to often, but this has to be tweaked in the Coach Profiles, but we have no improved rosters yet so these sliders are for the 2K Roster.
Improved versions are following.

A simulated season stat sheet looked really good. Played some 12 min Quarter Games which also looked good.

I will post some screenshots later.

Feel free to use these sliders and help me to improve them.
Post your screenshots of complete game stats.

Greets Mishmush
Mishmushkela

Go to

http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=153&t=92744&p=1654991#p1654991

for updates

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:32 am 

This is just so wrong.

AI attack the basket too much? Because that's how basketball is supposed to be played. The game might have given you the illusion that it's better to shoot jumpshots than to drive in hard with its high default shooting sliders and low foul frequency. Truth is in a real life game the motto is always to take it to the rim than to settle for jumpshots (statistically shots in the resticted area has the highest point efficiency; attacking the basket also has a good chance of leading to another type of efficient scoring which is shooting free throws. Jumpshots, on the other hand, especially in mid-range, are the least efficient shots).

The only reason it's better to spot-up in NBA2K than to drive is because the default shooting sliders are a little too high, and the foul frequency is way too low, which I find understandable from a video game standpoint because gamers are going to start yelling "Another foul? What did I do?" like real NBA players. It's one thing for NBA players to get called for foul for the slightest of contact in a real game, it's another thing to get called for foul in video games where you're supposed to win to have fun. Perhaps too many fouls would displease gamers and the game could end up selling less for being more realistic.

Injury severity to 15? You don't like your own players getting ACL tear and out for 10 months?

The defense, everything about it was turned so high... this is just so wrong. Another truth about a real game is that players miss more open shots than in the game, and hits more contested shots than in the game. On occasions NBA players only needed space for the follow-through of their arms to hit a shot. Lowering consistency and shooting abilities (which you did well) and lowering the jumpshot defense strength to about 43 (gather) and 36 (release) seem to mimic the reality about NBA-level shooting well enough.

Not every player/team play defense like hound dogs. Well they do, or I should say they try their best to, but players are human beings that are capable for errors, not computers. The team on defense is a group of communicating individuals of different abilities and instincts, looking to keep the other team at bay while getting bombarded by myriads of confounding offensive plays from the other team. Mistakes happen. Yes they are professional athletes, but the thing is the other team are professional athletes too. Often times the team on offense would actually get to work out an open shot that the players on defense would consider un-chase-able, for a split second (of course that also depends on the team). Turning the defense ridiculously high would only make the game look like a group of hungry, untiring, and mechanically precise hyenas chasing gazelles.

One last thing about these slider changes by amateurs is that people, not just you, have a tendency to set two different values for an attribute. What makes you think it's an good idea to have a decided edge over your AI opponents? Pass accuracy user 80, AI 50? Seriously?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:09 pm 

This Game Honestly needs a freaking patch, I don't know if it's just me, but I have players running circles on my game here, and I mean that literally. Players NEVER attack the basket, they barely take mid range shots, every body posts up, even point guards, they barely take any shots until the shot clock is at 0, and all this is on default sliders. The Game really is Trash. ..

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:14 pm 

brump wrote:
This is just so wrong.

AI attack the basket too much? Because that's how basketball is supposed to be played. The game might have given you the illusion that it's better to shoot jumpshots than to drive in hard with its high default shooting sliders and low foul frequency. Truth is in a real life game the motto is always to take it to the rim than to settle for jumpshots (statistically shots in the resticted area has the highest point efficiency; attacking the basket also has a good chance of leading to another type of efficient scoring which is shooting free throws. Jumpshots, on the other hand, especially in mid-range, are the least efficient shots).

The only reason it's better to spot-up in NBA2K than to drive is because the default shooting sliders are a little too high, and the foul frequency is way too low, which I find understandable from a video game standpoint because gamers are going to start yelling "Another foul? What did I do?" like real NBA players. It's one thing for NBA players to get called for foul for the slightest of contact in a real game, it's another thing to get called for foul in video games where you're supposed to win to have fun. Perhaps too many fouls would displease gamers and the game could end up selling less for being more realistic.

Injury severity to 15? You don't like your own players getting ACL tear and out for 10 months?

The defense, everything about it was turned so high... this is just so wrong. Another truth about a real game is that players miss more open shots than in the game, and hits more contested shots than in the game. On occasions NBA players only needed space for the follow-through of their arms to hit a shot. Lowering consistency and shooting abilities (which you did well) and lowering the jumpshot defense strength to about 43 (gather) and 36 (release) seem to mimic the reality about NBA-level shooting well enough.

Not every player/team play defense like hound dogs. Well they do, or I should say they try their best to, but players are human beings that are capable for errors, not computers. The team on defense is a group of communicating individuals of different abilities and instincts, looking to keep the other team at bay while getting bombarded by myriads of confounding offensive plays from the other team. Mistakes happen. Yes they are professional athletes, but the thing is the other team are professional athletes too. Often times the team on offense would actually get to work out an open shot that the players on defense would consider un-chase-able, for a split second (of course that also depends on the team). Turning the defense ridiculously high would only make the game look like a group of hungry, untiring, and mechanically precise hyenas chasing gazelles.

One last thing about these slider changes by amateurs is that people, not just you, have a tendency to set two different values for an attribute. What makes you think it's an good idea to have a decided edge over your AI opponents? Pass accuracy user 80, AI 50? Seriously?

so do you have any sliders ? because it seems like you know everything about basketball and 2k games.

have you even been playing with my sliders ?

nearly 60-80% of the cpu shots are in the paint

freethrows in a real nba game are about 20/25-30
http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/free-throws-attempted-per-game
so i had those stats in 2k14 but then in every game a player of the cpu team and my team was fouled out. and not players that commit fouls in real life very often. but if you want to have all your star players out. no problem

and for defense, its just that you can stop players.

My sliders are for real STATS and 2k has the problem that in 12min quarters you get scores like 150 to 130 and thats not real.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:33 pm 

ill wait for more feedback^^ i want this..^^ thanks harder 3pts

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ]  Moderators: RussianKobe, Medevenx, DavidBeckham23